Friday, May 13, 2011

Breakfast pizza

Rachael! Look I cooked something! Are you sooo proud of me?

I decided to combine my love for breakfast with my love of pizza by making this breakfast pizza I saw on Smitten Kitchen. I cheated by using pre-made pizza crust from Trader Joe's, but I chopped everything myself. I am super good at chopping. I am pretty much a sucker for anything with bacon on it so I threw as much as possible on there. I managed to fit 3 eggs on my non-circular pizza (I need pizza tossing lessons). My little baby oven lies to me about what tempature it is, so I think my oven wasn't quite hot enough to cook the eggs in the 8-10 minutes the recipe called for. I think next time I will check my internal oven thermometer before I put it in. And I want to use Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Pizza Crust Mix. I don't eat gluten free but I went to a pizza party where a friend used it and it was some of the best pizza I have ever had.


I think I'm going to have to try this meal again soon.

~jessica

JESS! first of all, I want to say how proud I am of you!!!

Secondly, I first eyed this in my Big Sur Bakery Cookbook and then noticed she had made it on SK.  I'm typically a proponent of making everything from scratch, but between making the dough, shredding the cheese for 2 pizzas, cooking the bacon, and chopping the onions and the herbs, I was a little frazzled.  My main problem is that I wanted to dough to be cooked through, but I wanted the egg whites to be set and the yolk runny.  My yolk was not runny :( Not that any of my guests complained, but maybe next time I'll cook the pizza sans eggs and then throw them on when the cheese is melty. What do you think? How long did you cook it?

Keep up the good work!
rach

No comments:

Post a Comment