Friday, May 27, 2011

Cheery Chocolate Cherries...

Happy Birthday Rachael!!!!!!!!!

I am so excited I get to see you this weekend! It's going to be full of sun, sand, and maybe some watermelon infused vodka! My Dad is trying to out-do his watermelon luge of 2009! I've been day dream of all of the amazing things you are going to bbq and it got me thinking about something I could make for Memorial Day weekend.

I think I mentioned to you that I have actually forgotten what vegetables taste like. I noticed my diet has pretty much consisted of only cheese and bread. While this may sound magical, it was making me feel a bit sluggish. So this past week I have decided to overcompensate, because I love extremes, and only eat fruits and vegetables for a few days. So it’s been going well and I feel a lot better but I have started getting bored with the few fruits and veggies I have deemed edible. (Veggies I deem inedible: raw broccoli. I think it tastes like poison). Shannon from work, who is now my snack muse, suggested we make some chocolate cherries I could snack on. Best. Idea. Ever!

We pitted a bag of fresh cherries and created our own makeshift double boiler for melt the chocolate. You simply simmer water in a cooking pot and place a metal or glass mixing bowl on top making sure it doesn’t touch the water. Then throw in some chocolate and stir it up. It melts it super fast and you don’t have to worry about your chocolate burning like you would if you used the microwave.  


{fresh cherries}

{mmm...dark chocolate}

{almond smashing tools}
This part was fun. I threw some almonds in a bag and grabbed by trusty hammer and released some of that work tension.

{smashed almonds}

{cooling almond covered..chocolate covered...cherries}

{almond chocolate cherries}

{chocolate covered cherries}


Mmmm they are seriously soooo good! Can't wait to see you! Yay!

~jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment