Thursday, October 20, 2011

it's magic.

Okay, so this may sound super weird, and it's a pretty substantial declaration, I make no assurances this claim will stand to the end of the week, but I highly highly highly recommend......

Sliced radishes on buttered toast, sprinkled with kosher or flakey salt! Ta dah! It's so good, it is my very FAVORITE snack.

See here: http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/snacks/weekend-snack-radish-toasts-143226

I will post a picture after you teach me how to use those iphone apps that make your photos look all nostalgic and what not.  Who knows when I'll actually have a real camera....

I got a bunch of radishes in my CSA box last week.  I sliced some for salad, but other than that I had no clue what to do with them.  Anyways, I thought of you when I discovered this because it so quick & easy & delicious.  I don't really know how to describe it.  I mean, buttered toast is good on its own, but I think the salt sort of melts the radishes into a slightly crunchy magic toast spread, not at all like radishes on their own with that sort of spicy kick.

Try it. I dare you.

No comments:

Post a Comment